Level 1 Internship
Our level 1 internship program is designed for students with limited hands on field experience. A level 1 intern will be part of regular crews during their period as an intern with H&R Construction. These interns are expected to show up to work on time each and every day and listen and learn from other crew members. Level 1 interns must meet the following minimum criteria to be considered:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- A valid drivers license must be presented at time of hire.
- Intern must be able to meet the obligations of the employee handbook.
- Intern should be enrolled at a two of four year college pursing a construction related degree.
Level 2 Internship
Students wishing to apply for a level 2 internship at H&R Construction must submit a resume meeting the following minimum criteria:
- Must be actively pursuing a degree in a field related to construction and have a minimum of one year previous "hands on" field experience. Examples of hands on field experience include: general labor, carpentry or concrete work. Other previous work experience can be discussed. OR Intern must have a minimum of three years field experience and be pursuing a two of four year degree in any field.
- Must have four semesters or less of college remaining.
- Applicants must also meet level 1 minimum criteria.
Level 2 Programming:
H&R Construction will provide the following opportunities for the student/intern to learn while also providing a benefit for the company.
- Site layout (transit work, lot corner, building corners, shooting elevations)
- Foundations layout (offsets, batter boards, transit work, laser work)
- Participation in weekly foreman meetings
- Create material take -offs for specific activities (i.e. concrete pouring, lumber for blocking, etc.)
- Track and turn in timecards
- Track and turn in daily progress reports
- Conduct jobsite safety inspections and meetings
- Work with and report to the jobsite supervisor on a daily basis
- Create and administer bid solicitation requests
- Perform quantity take-offs for project estimates
- Create bid tabulation and scope sheets
- Assist in analyzing bids
- Assist in plan check-off process
- Participate in "war room" activities on bid days
- Run bids to job lettings
- Update estimating system labor rates and material costs
- Create meeting minutes and participate in jobsite progress meetings
- Participate in client meetings with project manager
- Process submittals and RFI's between architect/engineer and subcontract/supplier
- Work with and report to project manager on a daily basis
Students completing H&R Construction's internship program will qualify for a scholarship. Scholarships are based on the quality of work provided over the interns time with H&R and are solely based on the discretion of H&R management personnel. For more information regarding our scholarship program, please click here.
Applications and Resumes
If you would like more information or to be considered for an internship, please submit questions to email@example.com or send us your resume using the option below.